I am on the Job Market now and am looking for tenure track assistant professor positions. Here is my application material (all documents combined as one PDF).
My Research Statement
My Teaching Statement
Welcome to Meiyappan (also known as Mei) Nagappan's home page. He is currently a Post Doctoral Fellow with Dr.Ahmed Hassan at Software Analysis and Intelligence Lab (SAIL) in the School of Computing at Queens University. He completed his PhD student under Dr. Mladen Vouk in the Computer Science Department of North Carolina State University. His research interests are in 'Big Data' Empirical Software Engineering by mining Ultra Large repositories of software to identify patterns and relationships in large ecosystems.
- Nov 27 2013 - Our paper titled "Towards Improving Statistical Modelling of Software Engineering Data: Think Locally, Act Globally!" has been accepted to be published in the Journal, Empirical Software Engineering.
- Nov 01 2013 - Our paper titled "A Large Scale Empirical Study on Software Reuse in Mobile Appss" has been accepted to be published in the IEEE Software Special Issue on Next Generation Mobile Computing.
- Nov 01 2013 - I am visiting Romain Robbes at the PLEIAD research lab in University of Chile for two weeks.
- Oct 21 2013 - I am giving a talk on "Leveraging Performance Counters and Execution Logs to Diagnose Memory-Related Performance Issues" at the Tata Research Development & Design Centre in Pune.
- Oct 9 2013 - I am giving a talk on "Large Scale Studies of Mobile Apps in the Android and iOS Markets" at the IBM India Research Labs in Bangalore.
- Aug 18 2013 - I am giving 2 presentations @ FSE 2103 - (1) A tutorial on "Statistics in Software Engineering: Pitfalls and Good Practices" and (2) A research paper talk on "Diversity in Software Engineering Research".
- Jul 22 2013 - Our paper titled "Studying the Relationship between Logging Characteristics and the Code Quality of Platform Software" has been accepted to be published in the Journal, Empirical Software Engineering.
- Jul 15 2013 - Our paper titled "Debugging Revisited: Toward Understanding the Debugging Needs of Contemporary Software Developers" has been accepted to be published in the ESEM 2013 Industry Track.
- Jun 30 2013 - Camera ready pre-print of our ESEC/FSE 2013 paper titled "Diversity in Software Engineering Research" is now available along with the data used in the study that has been successfully evaluated by the ESEC/FSE artifact evaluation committee.
- Jun 14 2013 - Our papers titled "Leveraging Performance Counters and Execution Logs to Diagnose Memory-Related Performance Issues" and "Predicting Bugs Using Antipatterns" have been accepted to be published in ICSM 2013
- May 30 2013 - Our paper titled "Diversity in Software Engineering Research" has been accepted to be published in ESEC/FSE 2013
- May 10 2013 - Our paper titled "The Impact of Classifier Configuration and Classifier Combination on Bug Localization" has been accepted to be published in IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering
- May 06 2013 - Visiting the RiSE group in Microsoft Research for a week.
- Mar 15 2013 - Our paper titled "Revisiting Software Development Effort Estimation Based on Early Phase Development Activities" has been accepted for publication at the 10th ACM/IEEE Working Conference on Mining Software Repositories (MSR 2013)
- Oct 25 2012 - Visiting Japan for 2 weeks to attend IWESEP 2012 as PC Chair and to visit POSL @ Kyushu University
- Aug 24 2012 - Conclusion of MSR Vision 2020 - A gathering of around 100 ESE researchers from all over the world to discuss the future of Mining Software Repositories based research.
- Jun 20 2012 - Our paper titled "An Empirical Study of Build System Migrations in Practice: Case Studies on KDE and the Linux Kernel" has been accepted for presentation and publication as a full technical paper in the proceedings of the 28th IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance, to be held in Riva del Garda, Italy, September 23-30, 2012.
- Jun 03 2012 - Our paper titled "Think Locally, Act Globally: Improving Defect and Effort Prediction Models" won the best paper award at MSR 2012.