I am currently working as a postdoctoral research fellow in the Software Analysis and Intelligence Lab (SAIL) at Queen's University in Kingston, Canada under the supervision of prof. Ahmed E. Hassan. My research interests cover a wide variety of software engineering and performance engineering related topics, including performance regression analysis, performance testing and repository mining. I was born in The Hague (Den Haag) in the Netherlands, where I have lived for 30 years. I studied at Delft University of Technology, where I received my BSc (2007), MSc (2009) and PhD (2014) degree in Computer Science. The title of my PhD thesis was "Performance Optimization of Multi-Tenant Software Systems" (supervised by dr. Andy Zaidman and prof. dr. Arie van Deursen).
- I will serve on the program committee of the demo/poster track of the International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE'17). Please consider submitting a tool demo or poster to ICPE'17.
- Our paper An exploratory study of the state of practice of performance testing in Java-based open source projects was accepted for publication at ICPE'17!
- Our paper Studying the Urgent Updates of Popular Games on the Steam Platform was accepted for publication in the Empirical Software Engineering (EMSE) journal!
- I will serve on the 3rd International Workshop on Quality-aware DevOps (QUDOS 2017), International Workshop on Empirical Software Engineering in Practice (IWESEP) and International Workshop on Large-Scale Testing (LT) program committees.
- I was awarded a Microsoft Azure Sponsorship!
- I attended the GI-Dagstuhl seminar on Performance engineering in the DevOps world.
- I will be teaching the Introduction to Ultra-Large-Scale Systems (CISC883) course.
My research focuses on helping software developers understand the consequences of their code changes on the performance their application. In general, developers are not aware of these consequences. I am trying to bridge the gap between software and performance engineering to help them become aware.
In addition, I am interested in mining software repositories, log analysis, software bugs, mobile apps and software engineering in general.
I have (had) the pleasure of co-supervising the following students:
I was born in 1984 in The Hague, in the Netherlands. I am engaged since 2015 to Nadia. In my free time, I enjoy reading, cooking and going to the gym. I am passionate about everything strengths sports-related. Over the past years I was a competitor in Strongman and Highland games.
You can find me at the SAIL lab or reach me via bezemer [at] cs.queensu.ca.
156 Barrie St
Kingston, ON K7L 3J9